Friday, April 17, 2009

Trying to Get Over Being Sick

To all my viewers - I did not write in my blog yesterday like i said I would because I have been sick. i thought I was going to feel better but i didnt'. I can't sleep now becuase I have been sleeping all day. I woke up because Marcus turned on my radio and before I went to sleep that song by Pee Wee George, 'Red, Gold and Gree eee eee eeeeeen!" came on and I kept dreaming about those words all night and they would not go out of my head. i was flustrated because I wanted to sleep! So I'm awake now and decided to try blogging to see if i could get those words out of my head.

Marcus was very sweet today trying to take care of me. he brought me some chicken noodle soup and crackers and kept rubbing Vicks Vaporizer on my lip but now i feel like he burned my lip. But he meant well - i hope! I know why, though. He don't want me to miss the Washington Family Annual Reunion on Sunday. He already bought our t-shirts and hats that say 'Washington Family Reunion 2009'. Even though they no kin to George Washington, almost every man in he family middle name is George. Marcus name is Marcus Theotis Washington, but he is one of the only ones that do not have George in their name. I always ask myself why they do that, but they do and no one actually calls his self George. They just have that middle name. But if I laugh about it, Marcus get mad, so i just laugh to myself. I dont' think the name George Washington is funny, but when you not even kin to him and you name everbody his name i think its funny.

I hope I do feel better by Sunday for because i do know Marcus like showing me off. I'm not bragging about me, but he think I'm pretty so i try to look nice. i am going to wear my Easter dress and hat becuause i did receive many compliments on Sunday and i don't want to wear it only one time.

Well I am getting tired again but i still have that little Pee Wee George song in my head. i will listen to some other music when I go back to bed to trick my mind not to keep singing his song in my sleep.

Have a blessed day!

Flanella Jo

-

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you are sick. I hate being sick, because then the cats can barely get past the mountain of empty kleenex boxes on the bed to come and bring me Vicks for my lip.

    I don't know what to suggest for getting the song out of your head. Maybe you should listen to another song with different colors in it, and they will blend with the red, gold, and green and make a whole new color for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a mistake when typing my blog last night because i was so tired. i said his name was Pee Wee George. I meant to say Boy George. i used to always get he and that little man Pee Wee Herman mixed up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flanella, I am glad that you are feeling better. I hope you got to go to the family reunion. I always have a fun time at ours. Sister Bernice had to preach for me today because I just got back in town late this afternoon from a weekend pastor's conference. We spent the whole conference reviewing the differences between Catholisim and Baptistism. I am a Baptist and I learned a lot so the next time a visitor won't catch me off guard again by asking me why we don't have a Pope. I will be ready.

    ReplyDelete