Saturday, April 11, 2009

Saturday Neighborhood Blog - Dog Ran Away

Mines and Marcuses dog we have had since we were first married ran away today but we found her. I opend the door and she took off after a cat that was maneiveiring through the neighborhood, meowing the whole time. Well, our dogs name is Todd and she took off after that cat and chased it down the street right in front of old Mr. and Mrs. Flood and they even tried calling her name. "Todd! Todd! Stop chasing that cat!" (We thought Todd was a boy dog when we first got her and then she was already use to her name) I yelled at Marcus to get on he bicicyle and ride to find Todd. The bicycle had a flat wheel and the handle bars were loose, so Marcus jumped in our Cadillac and drove to find him. He did and you wouldn't believe the whoopin Todd got with Marcus newspaper. Todd started running home and ran and hid under the table with those sad eyes. I'm just glad she didn't run out in the road and get hit by a car.

Flanella Jo

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had an exciting weekend. Our dog, Sambo, likes to run off too. We bought a book by that dog trainer that only whispers to his dogs but I don't think Sambo can hear us when we whisper "get back in this house, Sambo!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you should whup Todd with the Sham Wow - that might be a secret use for it that the guy on the commercial won't tell you.

    Reverend Godfrey - I think for that whispering to work you have to whisper in Spanish like the dog trainer does. English is, on the whole, a less whispery language, at least to dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracias for that advice Buckey Four Eyes. I found a web site that translates English to Spanish so the next time Sambo runs away I will whisper "volver a esta casa que espástica perro!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your friend Bucky Four-Eyes told me about your blog, and I'm so glad that she did! I enjoy reading about your life, Flanella Jo. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete