Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Second Sunday Always Follows Two Saturdays Ago

Marcus, Marcus, Jr, and i went to a different church today to hear the children's choir because one of my co-bowler clerks has a little girl who sings in the choir. it was lovely. She sang and did a little dance on the video camera when she wasn't suppose to. It was cute, but my friend from the lanes was detrified and embarrassed. I told her not to worry because everone on the church just laughed but not in a mean way. One of the little girls stuck her fingers in her ears instead of singing. I almost had to pull my shoe off and hit Marcus Jr. on the leg because he was laughing when he should have been listenign. When the Bishop Fountain came up to the pulpit, everthing got so quite you could hear a pen write. He preached a good sermon and i kept looking at Marcus out of the corner of my eye to make sure he was listening. It was like the Bishop was preaching speficifically at Marcus! Of course when we got to the car, I said, "Uh huh! You heard what the Bishop said." Marcus said he heard it but he didn't think a thing about it exept for he's ready to go back to our church. He said he saw me looking at him, which I know he didn't because I was very careful to only cut my eyes sideways when i looked at him.

I am going to plant some bell peppers and cucumbers so i had better stop blogging.

I hope all my viewers (well I only have one, but thank you Ponce de Leon!) have a pleasant day.

Flanella Jo

1 comment:

  1. Flanella, I am happy that I found your blog site. It is always upbeat and informative. I hope you don't mind but I used your story about eating sushi in my message today. The congregation laughed out loud and I compared it to the story of feeding the hungry people with the two fish and the loaves. Let me know how the Sham Wows work. I have been interested in them myself but wondered if they work as good as they claim. Rev. Ponce-de-leon Godfrey

    ReplyDelete